Adding URLs and Keywords
The first thing to do when you start using RankTrackr is to add the URLs and keywords you want to track. RankTrackr will check position of your websites (URLs) by specified keywords once per day.
To add the URLs, follow the next steps:
- Click "Add URLs" button in the dashboard,
- Choose search engine where you want to track the rankings,
- Enter the URL or multiple URLs (one per line),
- Click "Add URLs".
You can enter the full URL, starting with http such as http://yourwebsite.com or just the domain name such as yourwebsite.com.
Tracking the Sub-pages
RankTrackr will pick all the subpages with the root URL that you specified for rank tracking.
- if you enter yourwebsite.com it will pick all the results from that website,
- if you enter http://yourwebsite.com/blog it will only pick the subpages from your blog.
RankTrackr is specialized for Google infrastructure. When we were deciding which search engines to support, we decided to focus just on the most important search engines in order to provide the most accurate tracking available. Today RankTrackr supports the following search engines:
- Google Places search (extremely useful for local SEO)
To add the keywords, follow the next steps:
- Click "Add keywords" button under the website tab,
- Enter the keywords (one per row),
- Set the location settings for tracking,
- Click "Add keywords".
Before adding keywords, make sure that you added the URL or website for which you want to track the keyword rankings.
After you add the keywords, RankTrackr will gather the ranking information for the specified location settings and it will automatically refresh the data on daily basis. Beside of ranking information you can also access Adwords data such as search volume for a specific keyword (both local and global), estimated CPC, number of indexed pages and much more. You can pull up this data with column customization.
RankTrackr supports advantaged location tracking. Beside the language setting, it provides accurate tracking on all possible levels:
- Zip code,
To read more about why RankTrackr is more accurate than other tools, please read the article How it works.